Community Connection grants encourage residents to engage in local activities that promote resilience, well-being and community connections in a way that meets Alberta Health Services COVID-19 health and safety guidelines. Micro grants of up to $350 are intended to increase social connection and a sense of support between residents in Strathcona County. Applications for Community Connection Grants are now closed. Applications for 2022 will be open this spring.
- Deliver potted flowers to neighbours who are in need or have minimal social connections.
- Engage neighbourhood children to create caring and hopeful chalk message.
- Offer an arts and crafts or “paint night” workshop online and use the grant to help offset supply costs.
- Set up a virtual games night with prizes for the winners.
Community Change Grants support innovative, creative projects that bring people together for positive community change, while increasing social connection and inclusion in Strathcona County. Grants of up to $2,000 are available to supplement resident-led innovative, non-traditional ideas that focus on emerging opportunities in the community. Applications for Community Change grants are now closed. Applications for 2022 will be open this spring.
- Sewing non-medical masks for vulnerable residents
- Enhancing a neighbourhood’s safety or character
- Building and maintaining a community pantry or little library
- Set up a time share – skills swap