As cities harness the assets of their communities, they are finding new ways to end poverty. Increasingly, they are seeing poverty as a comprehensive issue, are advancing their understanding of critical issues across sectors, and are considering the systemic changes that must occur in order to eliminate it.
Over our two and a half days together, you will learn from inspiring keynotes and peer leaders, take part in interactive workshops, and engage in an energizing cultural celebration.
Together we will learn to:
• Reconnect your passion for helping others and energizing your community
• Understand what it takes to move from an emerging state to a sustainable community-wide initiative
• Create a large-scale common agenda and form multi-sector leadership teams for your collaborative efforts
• Harness the latest techniques for community engagement and effective communication
• Involve those who will benefit most from the change you hope to see
• How to influence the policy environment and align your work with Canada’s first poverty reduction strategy