The Alberta Family Wellness Initiative is hosting a two-day event in Edmonton. Join us, along with your colleagues, for this exciting opportunity to discuss how brain story science is leading to positive impacts and how to assess and measure this change. From Knowledge to Action: Using Brain Story Science to Improve Outcomes for Children and Families in Alberta aims to:
- Identify and share emerging, promising, and leading brain story-aligned practices.
- Using local exemplars, discuss how context and process can support the initiation and sustainability of new brain story-aligned practice change.
- Explore how brain story science can inform the development of new indicators and outcomes, and how to evaluate them.
- Build collective will and leadership to mobilize and implement brain story science to promote better interagency collaboration and integrated service pathways both within and across sectors.
Anticipated outcomes will be a report back to the community that captures:
- Emerging, promising, and leading practices that are aligned with brain story science;
- Strategies to support the process of implementing this knowledge base;
- How this knowledge can be used to both make the case for and build better interagency collaborations and integrated service pathways;
- The foundations of an evaluation framework that is informed by brain story science